Creative, I am. Artistic, I am SO not. My former students can attest that my drawings are less than lifelike. Luckily this art project required no artistic talent. Win.
I saw a print somewhere on the internet of a duck graphic that I liked. Using it as my inspiration, I made this art.
- 16″ x 20″ canvas from Hobby Lobby ($4)
- Navy paint leftover from B’s room and the stripes (free)
- Scrap fabric (free)
- A piece of white cardstock (had in my stash – free)
- Modge Podge (also in my stash)
- Painted the canvas navy.
- Cut the duck out of fabric and adhere with Modge Podge.
- Cut out letters and adhere with Modge Podge.
- Modge Podge over the entire thing.
Drying time stretched this project out a few days but didn’t take much time on any given day. I love it’s crisp look but still gives a nod to the duck theme.