Tags

, , ,

I’m baaaaaccckkk.  Sorry for the long absence.  It’s been quite the summer.  Between some traveling and Bradley being 18 months (also know as “period of struggle” by a behaviorist I heard speak), there hasn’t been much DIYing around here to report.

Things are starting to finally get done again though.  Like these pillows for the back deck I started back in April.  :/  At least we can enjoy them this fall as B loves early evening hanging out on the back deck.

We’ve deemed September “finish it up” month around here.  We have some big, exciting projects starting in October so it’s time to get these straggling projects finished including both Bradley’s and the master baths.

After months and months…and months…of painting stripes in B’s bathroom, they are finally done.  Well….”done” is a bit too much of a final word since I need to do touch ups but, for my sanity, I’m going to mentally tag them as “done for now”.  Excuse the paint cans etc still on the counter…the room is still “under construction” and with a one and a half year old to wrangle I don’t have time to hide them and pretend it’s not.

It took quite a bit of planning to get stripes that look random but not haphazard like my inspiration picture (picture 1 from my mood board).
Documents[1]

After marking off all the stripes on the tape, we painted the white (Valspar White) and cream (Valspar Divine Cream same as walls) stripes first.

Then, we taped off and painting the yellow (Valspar Chickadee same as vanity) and bright blue stripes (Valspar Pool Party).

Finally, we added the navy stripes.

I really like it.  I think it is fun but not too childish.  It also gives a gentle nod to the colors of classic rubber duck and water.  We’re in the homestretch:
-Paint walls
-Paint stripes at top of wall
-Add trim at the bottom of stripes
-Paint vanity
-Trim out mirror
-Add organization
-New shower curtain and bath mat
-Art to articulate theme

Advertisements