Tags

, , , , ,

The curtains are finally finished.  It is frustrating that they took as long as they did because they aren’t complicated or anything special.

I decided to use white duckcloth for the curtains because it is clean and simple…nothing too frilly for a boy’s room.  After I made them, I decided they were too simple and opted to add more stripes.  I was nervous to paint directly on them and scoured the web for hint and tips (like this from Dana at HouseTweeking).

I had Mason tape off the stripes (he’s such a pro at it now).  I decided to paint a first coat of white fabric paint to prevent bleeding.  Then, I went to with the same paint colors we have used elsewhere in the room.  At the advice of other bloggers, I used our no VOC paint with no additive.  I did put an fabric additive in the green paint since it is standard flat latex.

I don’t know that I love them, but they do tie the room together and I think their simplicity will be nice once all the wall decor and accessories make it in the room.  And if not, I still have 46 more days until D-Day.

Advertisements